Concrete driveways are often on the receiving end of harsh weather conditions or under constant wear and tear of car tires. This brings all sorts of dirt, dust, and damage, leaving stains on the driveway and giving it a rough and rugged look.
However, there are a few easy steps to follow to remove stubborn stains from your concrete driveway and make it look new.
For tougher stains, let Straight Edge Contractors remove them for you anywhere in Midland, TX, and bring back the concrete’s original look in no time. Click here to connect with us today and get a free estimate by our professional driveway contractors.
Let’s look at the some of the ways to remove stubborn stains from your concrete driveway:
1. The simplest way to remove stains from concrete paving stones or pavement is to pour some hot water from a few feet above and see the stain disappearing on its own.
If this does not work, experts recommend scrubbing the stain with a toothbrush and dishwashing liquid. After cleansing, rinse it off, and there is no stain to be found.
2. Like many kitchen hacks require vinegar, the same can be applied to tough stains on the concrete driveway. For this, you need to put a piece of cloth in vinegar and place it on the stained patch and let it stay for a few hours. The high amount of ammonia present in the vinegar will indeed remove the stain.
3. Often when our cars leak petrol, the stains are left on the driveway, and over time, they become stubborn to remove. The easiest way to remove oil splotches is to dump wet clay or cat litter on them and let it stay for an hour or two. Remove it afterward and rinse the patch with high-speed hose pressure.
4. Often when getting our houses painted, we tend to leave paint foot marks or drips around the driveway, which is difficult to remove if set into the concrete surface. You can use acid to clean this, but the experts do not advise it as some can leave acid stain concrete.
5. However, we also have a solution for this. You will need rubber gloves and eye protection to prevent chemical stains from getting in your eyes. Next, dissolve a cup of TSP into hot water and pour it over the paint stain. Let it sit for a few minutes, and then start scrubbing with a bristled brush. Next, rinse off everything with high-pressure water.
6. While coke is considered a beverage, it can also remove tough oil stains when mixed with baking soda and poured over the stain. If the stain has set in deep, a little scrubbing can do the job for you.
If the concrete stains on your driveway are not removed from the above mentioned hacks and you need a quick yet durable fix, click here to contact Straight Edge Contractors anywhere in Midland, TX. Our professional team of concrete driveway contractors can inspect the concrete driveway for you and provide with a practical solution!